According to the oxford dictionary a generation is defined as all the people living at about the same time,regarded collectively.
The 21st century has seen many generations,the latest of which is the millennials a.k.a generation Y.They are said to form the greatest part of the human workforce and population in most countries.And is comprised of people born within the 1981-2001 year bracket.
The biggest and one of the most characteristic event here is the dawn of the world wide web which they have encountered new and first hand.
Due to events happening during the time in which a generation runs,e each generation has traits unique to it and the millennials are not to be left out.
Today in point form lets look at about a dozen most common traits characterizing the millennials.
- Technology attachment comes in as a key trait among the millennials.They are likely to pull out a smartphone first thing in the morning or on tables with important people.Its almost like an addiction in the day.
- Compared to predecessory generations millennials appear least prejudiced and more tolerant over a broad spectrum.
- Millennials are characterized as big dreamers,in out thinkers wishing to have their way.Hence they might brush shoulders here and there as they seem prepared to think beyond.
- They are more open minded more emphatic.
- Millennials on the contrary will have poorer social skills,their incline to technology bending them towards being introverted. With high speed internet and the right gadgets I bet a millennial can live in an island longer.
- Their sense of entitlement/individuality apears stronger. Sharper inclination towards their rights.They might be as a result a little high headed in comparison.
- They also have a more positive view of their economic features with most set on the big riches with least or no work if possible.
- Millennials are also generally more urban than agrarian in various approaches.Prefering to offer solutions according to savvy as apertains.
- Are as compared to the rest less interested in politics and statesmanship and the affiliations therein.Low voter turnout has been recorded .
- Millennials will also come out as less patient. The technology of the day has programmed them towards getting most things at thumbnail proximity.
- Millennials also embrace better the advantages of good networks characteristic of most dealings in the world that they find themselves in.
Rightly so,the points as highlighted are not standard operating procedure but an overly outlook.Personal practice might differ upto and including different environments on a cross cultural and geopolitical basis .
Nevertheless their goes generation Y the largest part of the populace and workforce in most regions around the globe.Feel free to give additional views on the same in the comments box below.(pens off)